|Standard: $12-$80||Hand Crafted: $250-$450||Professionally Printed: $80-$800|
Known for their blank pages or slots to insert photos, traditional wedding albums can vary widely in price. Professionally printed wedding albums are created from digital photographs; many photographers offer this service as part of their wedding packages. Do-it-yourself digital wedding albums are made from software that allows for printing a wedding album from digital photos on a home computer.
Related articles: Guest Book, Wedding Photographer, Wedding Videography, Wedding Website
- Inexpensive traditional wedding albums typically range from $12 to $80, depending on the decoration. The variance in price has to do mostly with the size of album and quality of materials used.
- Expensive traditional wedding albums typically range from $250 to $450. These albums are often crafted from Italian leather and bound by hand.
- Inexpensive professionally printed wedding albums start at around $10 to $30 at mass-market photo printing sites like Shutterfly and Print My Photo Book . Hardcover albums with more pages will increase the price.
- Expensive, professionally printed wedding albums can cost $80 to $800 at sites like Somerset Albums and White Wedding Album .
- Simple, do-it-yourself digital wedding albums may cost $50 to $100 after factoring in the cost of the wedding album software, paper and binding. Paper used by professional photographers, such as DG Foto Art , can cost well over $600 a ream.
What should be included:|
- Traditional wedding albums have photo slots to fit 4x6 prints, and may include additional spots for 5x7 and 8x10 prints.
- Professionally printed albums feature digital photos printed on book-quality paper in a bound book. Whether these are designed by the photographer or the wedding couple, these albums should include custom options such as album/page size, type of binding and cover design.
- Do-it-yourself digital wedding album software should include customizable layouts and page previews, accepting a variety of high-resolution photo formats.
- In general, hard cover wedding albums with more pages will cost more than smaller, soft cover books. At My Publisher , a paperback album starts at $13 while a hard cover starts at $30. Additional pages cost $0.50 to $2 each.
- Larger pages will also increase the price of professionally printed wedding albums. For example, Blurb sells 7x7 albums starting at $13, while a 12x12 album starts at $60.
- Shipping costs for wedding albums typically range from $10 to $16.
- Expect to pay extra for a photo-printed box to hold the album. This add-on costs up to $125 at White Wedding Album .
Shopping for a wedding album:|
- Expensive traditional wedding albums are sold online at sites like Wedding Album Depot . Look for cheaper options at sites like Wedding Albums Etc. and Wedding Mountain .
- An easy do-it-yourself digital photo album kit by Strathmore sells for around $9-$12 on sites like ArtSuppliesOnline.com and MisterArt.com .
- To not only design an album but for do-it-yourself creation of a bound book, try the Photobook Creator for professionally bound pages in 90 seconds.
7 Ways to Stretch Your Reduced Food Budget
End of the year budgets are tight for everyone, especially in this economy.It's especially hard for the millions of Americans who depend on government programs like food stamps to help make ends meet. || Posted November 11 2013
7 Lesser-Known Discounts for the 50+ Crowd
As they age, members of the Baby Boomer generation don't like to admit that they're senior citizens, but they love getting discounts. It's kind of a quandary, because some of the best deals available are reduced prices for older folks. || Posted October 21 2013
What People Are Paying - Recent Comments
More Weddings Topics
Search Thousands of Topics on CostHelper.com