|Low: $25-$75||Medium: $100-$250||High: $300-$900+|
From traditional white pumps to comfy ballet slippers, a bride's shoes can vary widely in both price and style. Some free-spirited brides go barefoot or don jeweled flip-flops, the least expensive shoe options, while others opt for Italian leather pumps or crystal-adorned heels.
Related articles: Wedding Dress, Wedding Dress Alterations, Wedding Dress Rental, Bridal Veil, Lace Veil, Tiara
- Inexpensive bridal shoes typically range from $25 to $75. David's Bridal and House of Brides .
- Moderate bride shoes usually cost $100 to $250. Peter Fox falls into this category, offering Italian-made shoes, with styles worn by celebrities in film and television. Bliss Bridal Shoes are also in the moderate range, at around $150 per pair.
- Expensive shoes are typically $300 to $900 and up. Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue carry styles upwards of $900. Designer Stuart Weitzman's bridal collection carries both moderate and expensive shoe styles.
- The average cost of all bridal accessories is $333, according to the Bridal Association of America. This includes shoes, jewelry and other extras (not counting the dress, veil or headpiece).
What should be included:|
- A bride's shoes may be white or another color, according to a Q&A at The Knot . Silver and blue remain fashionable bridal shoe colors.
- Popular styles include flats, pumps, sandals and ballet slippers. Shoes may be satin or leather in appearance and plain or adorned in jewels, bows or beading.
- Online retailers may charge $5 to $9 extra for shipping. The cost may be per pair or a flat fee for the entire order. Free shipping is often available with a minimum purchase.
- Brides.com includes a glossary of matching hosiery, which can range from $5 to $10.
Shopping for wedding shoes:
- Fat Wallet and Coupon Cabin both offer coupon codes to use at online retailer Shoes.com.
- Online discount retailers like Overstock and eBay carry shoes in every price range. eBay's selection may range from a $20 pair of basic white pumps to $500 Italian-made designer pumps.
- When choosing a heeled shoe, consider your height in comparison to your groom, how much you are willing to hem your dress and how comfortable the shoes will be.
- The Wedding Channel lists tips for matching shoes with a wedding dress and keeping feet comfortable. Many brides bring a second pair of shoes to change into for the reception.
- Brides.com offers a helpful glossary of bridal shoe terminology.
7 Lesser-Known Discounts for the 50+ Crowd
As they age, members of the Baby Boomer generation don't like to admit that they're senior citizens, but they love getting discounts. It's kind of a quandary, because some of the best deals available are reduced prices for older folks. || Posted October 21 2013
7 Ways to Stretch Your Reduced Food Budget
End of the year budgets are tight for everyone, especially in this economy.It's especially hard for the millions of Americans who depend on government programs like food stamps to help make ends meet. || Posted November 11 2013
What People Are Paying - Recent Comments
More Weddings Topics
Search Thousands of Topics on CostHelper.com