|Basic Guest Books: Up to $25||Mid-Range to High-End Guest Books: $25-$80 ||Signature Photo Frames: $20-$170|
Used to document the guests who attend a couple's wedding, guest books may be simple, blank journals or elaborately-decorated albums. When guests arrive at a wedding, the guest book is traditionally set out in a prominent place for guests to sign their names and perhaps a mailing address or congratulatory note.
Related articles: Wedding Favors, Wedding Photographer, Wedding Videography
- Inexpensive guest books typically cost $25 or less. Most books in this price range have lined pages, a plain cover and are smaller than 10 inches in their widest dimension. Walmart offers basic guests books for around $10, and free site-to-store shipping allows online shoppers to pick up orders at their local store to avoid shipping costs.
- Moderately priced guest books typically cost $25 to $50. These guest books have additional special touches, like a photo cover or spiral-bound pages for easy flipping.
- Expensive guest books typically cost $50 to $80. These typically include personalized options like a hand-stitched monogram on the cover or an illustration of the wedding location on pages. Some books in this category also include blank cards and envelopes for guests to write notes to the wedding couple. Target offers free shipping on select wedding guest books within the moderate to expensive price range.
- Also called autograph frames or guest book frames, signature photo frames are a common guest book alternative, creating a keepsake the wedding couple can display on their wall, but basically serving the same function as a guest book. Guests sign their name to a large photo mat with a special pen, or in some cases, can engrave their name into a metal frame with a special tool. This guest book alternative can range in price from $20 to $170. The wedding shop at The Knot offers signature photo frames as well as a variety of personalized photo covers, instant-photo guest books and other traditional options.
What should be included:|
- The basic wedding guest book will include blank or lined pages for guests to write their names.
- Many guest books also include a matching pen, or this may be available and sold separately.
- If ordered online, common shipping costs are typically $7 to $9.
Shopping for a guest book:
- It's possible to avoid shipping costs by ordering other items for a wedding. Sites offering free shipping when a customer spends a designated amount include Amazon ($25), Oriental Trading ($50) and The Wedding Outlet ($150).
- Wedding Mountain offers traditional and unique wedding guest books from a variety of religious and cultural backgrounds.
- For inexpensive guest books and elegant, feather pens, Ann's Bridal Bargains offers a few models at very low prices.
- Favor Favor offers unique guest books in every price range, including wedding sets that include a coordinating ring bearer pillow, garter, unity candle, flower girl basket and more.
- If shopping for a signature frame to use in place of a guest book, try Target , Personal Creations and eBay .
7 Tricks To Make Home Appliances Last Longer
Give your household equipment a little workout now and then, to make sure anything mechanical will perform well when needed. Periodic exercise can extend the usable life of many items. || Posted October 14 2013
5 Important Things to Know Before a Tornado Hits
This week the Midwest has been battered by tornados, which are one of the most violent and destructive type of storms nature has in its arsenal. || Posted November 19 2013
What People Are Paying - Recent Comments
More Weddings Topics
Search Thousands of Topics on CostHelper.com